GOT THE BEST CHILI IN THE RVA?
The XL102 Chili Cook Off 2014 is Saturday April 19th, 2014 from 11am-8pm at the Richmond Raceway Complex! Thinking about entering? Well here's what's up for grabs:
THERE ARE FOUR CASH PRIZES:
$1000 for "Best Professional Chili"
$1000 for "Best Amateur Chili"
$500 for "Best Booth"
$250 for "People's Choice"-Online voting takes place immediately following The XL102 Chili Cook Off 2014!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
There are two categories: Amateur and Professional (affiliated with a Licensed Restaurant). In order to participate, the following must be completed:
1. You will need to fill out your Official Cook's Application Online: HERE!
2. You will need to fill out the Henrico County Health Department for a temporary Restaurant Permit. This can be turned in at one of the Chili Cooks meeting. Download the Temporary Food Permit Application HERE!
3. You will need to prove that you are a Certified Food Handler.
-Amateurs will need to pass the Demonstration of Knowledge Test administered by the Henrico County Health Department. The test will be available for you to take at each Chili Cooks meeting.
-Professionals will need to provide documentation that you have passed a food handling class, i.e. a ServSafe certificate.
6. A $50 deposit in the form of a check is required upon registration. Your deposit will be returned upon check-in the morning of The XL102 Chili Cook Off 2014.
You will also need to attend the mandatory Chili Cook meeting (the first cooks meeting scheduled on 3/19 has been cancelled) to be held on Wednesday, April 2nd at 6:30pm at Clear Channel Radio 3245 Basie Road Richmond, VA 23228. One of your team leaders MUST attend this meeting.
CHILI COOK REGISTRATION ENDS Wednesday, APRIL 2nd at 6PM.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE AND TURNED IN BY THIS TIME.
A COUPLE BASIC RULES:
• You are required to cook at least 60 gallons of chili for the event
• 20 gallons of chili must be inspected and ready to serve by 11am sharp!
• Booth set up must be completed by 10am on Saturday, April 19
• One cook is required to be the “Designated Cooker” AKA, no consumption of alcohol!
WE WILL PROVIDE:
• One 10x10 Tent
• One 8 ft. Table
• Two Chairs
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• A valid ID. Everyone over 21 must be wrist banded. • A functioning fire extinguisher, rated at least 2A 10BC and that meets Henrico County’s Health, Fire and Public Safety guidelines.
• Utensils and cooking supplies
• All ingredients including water
• Bleach, hand sanitizer and plastic gloves
• Spoons and serving cups for Chili sampling. We recommend cups of a 1 oz size or smaller.
For any additional questions, please contact Aaron Sutten at email@example.com